So you live in a state that has legal cannabis, but you aren’t sure where to begin. Don’t worry! By the end of this guide, you’ll be ready to walk into a recreational cannabis shop with confidence and walk out with a bag of exciting cannabis products perfect for you.
Step 1: Find a Cannabis Dispensary Near You
Note: You must be age 21+ with valid identification to purchase cannabis in a licensed CA dispensary.
While finding the perfect dispensary for you takes time and exploration, the very first step is to assess which shops are near you. Contact us for a list of stores nearby.
Don’t be afraid to explore a few different shops. Every shop has a unique staff, atmosphere, deals, and product selection. Consider scrolling through a few user-submitted reviews to get a feel for what customers liked (or didn’t like) about the shop. You can always Join Club Kindness and for access to our Responsible Brands Registry!
Once you’ve found a store you love, be sure to let them know we referred you! Maybe you appreciated how helpful the staff was, enjoyed the atmosphere, or found a product you know you’ll want to come back to. Whatever your positive experience looked like, it’s good to take note!
Step 2: Learn the Cannabis Basics
After you’ve selected a shop, you have one of two options as a first-time buyer:
- You can go in and trust that the budtender will make a good recommendation.
- Check our Responsible Brands Registry to see which products may be better suited for you.
We recommend option two—if you take a look at your local store’s menu, you may quickly find yourself overwhelmed by the options available. Looking for bud? You’ve got dozens of unique strains to choose from. Trying to re-live that pot brownie experience of yesteryear? Great, what’s your desired potency? Wondering what a dab is? …We’ll get there, but maybe not today.
At one of our Kind Social’s, you can receive answers to almost every cannabis question you might have. Here are a few things we will definitely cover:
- What are all these weird new products and ways to consume cannabis?
- As a beginner to cannabis, what product should I start with?
- There are so many strains! Which should I start with?
- What does “indica,” “sativa,” and “hybrid” mean?
- How will THC and CBD affect me?
- I want to try edibles. What’s the right dose for a mellow experience?
You can certainly field these questions to a budtender, but when shops are bustling, you may feel pressure to make a decision too quickly. Familiarize yourself with the very basics with us first, and you’ll undoubtedly have a more positive experience than if you were to go in unprepared.
Step 3: Choose and Pick Up Your Products
After you’ve had your Kind Social Consultation, you will have a treatment plan you can use to help guide your purchases. We will help you sort this menu by any desirable criteria such as:
- Flower (“I want to smoke or vaporize it!”)
- Concentrates (“I want to try these discreet vape pens!”)
- Edibles (“I want something that’ll last longer!”)
- Pre-rolls (“Roll it for me, please!”)
- Other (“They make cannabis suppositories, bath soaks, and lube?!”)
Every strain and product delivers a unique experience, so be adventurous and try a few different types and brands until you find the products you absolutely love.
We’re excited for you to start your journey with Cannabis in a more free market. Book your free 20-minute consultation today!